몇 can be used, for instance, when you don’t want to specify the exact number of something. In this case, 몇 can be translated as ‘some’:
- I bought some flowers. / 나는 꽃 몇 다발을 샀어요.
몇 can also be translated as ‘how much/many’:
- How many apples do you have? / 너는 사과가 몇 개 있어요?
- How old are you? / 몇 살이에요?
- What time is it now? / 지금 몇 시예요?
나 = I (informal)
꽃 = flower
다발 = counter for flowers or plants
사다 = to buy
사과 = apple
개 = counter for ‘things’
있다 = to exist, to have, to be
지금 = now
시간 = time
- Please consult this list if you are interested in counters.